FOREIGN OFFICE ADVICE
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check http://www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtraveland Facebook.com/FCOtravel.
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting http://www.travelhealthpro.org.uk. The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also provides the following advice:
Before you depart:
- Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.
- If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and understand what it covers -you still need full travel insurance though! For your free EHIC card visit http://www.nhs.uk/ehic.
- Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check http://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- Check your passport is valid, fill out the emergency details, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place. Make sure you have all necessary visas.
- Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture or make copies and store them securely using a secure data storage site.
- Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic before you travel. For medical advice visit http://travelhealthpro.org.uk.
- Tell your friends or family about your travel plans and where you’re going and leave emergency contact details.
- Take enough money with you and have access to emergency funds
Ensure you take the contact details of the local British Consulate in case of emergencies - http://www.gov.uk/government/world/embassies.
Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas, check http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide.
Act responsibly, and be responsible for yourself when abroad.
ABTA TRAVEL GUIDE
Take a look and download the ABTA travel guide on how to have a safe and healthy holiday!
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
At Barmy Travel, we take the health and safety of our clients extremely seriously and this is managed within a framework of a documented Safety Management System, details of which can be found here.